You’ve got two LinkedIn in accounts so how do you get rid of the old one without losing all your connections?
The only way you’re going to be able to fix this particular problem is if you have access to both accounts and are able to log into the account you’d like to remove.
- If you’ve forgotten the password of the old account but still have access to the email address you used to sign up for that account simply click on the ‘Question Mark’ next to the password field which read “Forgot Password” when you hover on it to recover your password. Follow the instructions to reset your password.
- Once you’ve reset the password or if you’ve already have the password, in order to retrieve all our old connection and move it to the new profile you’ll have to log in to the old account.
- When you’re logged in hover over the “My Network” tab and a drop-down menu will appear. Select “Connections”.
- This will take you to the “Connections” page. Once you’re on the “Connections” page, click on the gear icon on right hand side of the page. This will take you to the “Settings” page.
- On the “Settings” page, in the right side-bar click on “Export LinkedIn Connections”.
- You will select “Microsoft Outlook (.CSV file) and click “Export”.
- Once you’ve successfully downloaded the .CSV file you can now move on to removing the account.
Closing your account
- Hover over your little profile picture in the top right hand corner of the screen. A drop-down menu will appear. Click on “Privacy and Settings”.
- You will need to add your password here because you are going into the back end of your own account. It is there for your security.
- Make sure you are closing the account that you no longer want.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on “Closing Your Account” and follow the instructions.
Importing Connections to new account:
- Log in to your new account.
- When you’re logged in hover over the “My Network” tab and a drop-down menu will appear. Select “Add Contacts”.
- On the “Add Contacts” page select “Import Files” in the right side-bar.
- Select the file you downloaded from your old account and click “upload file”.
- All your contacts will now be imported to your new account.