1. Name: Clinton Vieira
2. Tell us a bit about yourself and your business or career (please include links to your websites)LinkedIn profile
I am solar energy specialist, specialising in Sales and Marketing and Business Development. I have 3 years experience in my chosen specialist field.
3. How long have you been on LinkedIn and how has been the experience like? I have been on LinkedIn for 3 years. I find LinkedIn to be the most flexible platform of any social media. You have real time access to information and contacts in your chosen, or any field. Provided your filtration process is good, LinkedIn can be your most useful tool in your sales and marketing arsenal.
4. What are you doing to be visible on LinkedIn or this is not big priority for you.
Very important priority. I update information via posts to groups. I continually expand my network. I extend my network specifically within my groups.
5. Can you recommend at least 3 groups on LinkedIn and why?
1.)PV Insider: I have met the owners of the group, they are dynamic like minded people. 2.) Shaw Energy recruitment: Andy Shaw is a specialist at his job and very knowledgeable. 3.) Sub Saharan Energy group: It is region specific to my interest.
6. What are the first 3 things you look at when you visit someone’s profile on LinkedIn?
Profile Photo. Number of contacts. Legitimate contact information (company and recommendations)
7. How does LinkedIn fit in your career or business?
It is essential. I believe if you’re not on LinkedIn, you’re at a disadvantage, missing opportunities and missing out on a global footprint (LinkedIn is free publicity).
8. How important is it to you to interact with your connections outside LinkedIn(via email, telephone, meeting)
Once again essential. Relationships are the key element in any business environment.
9. How much time do you spend on LinkedIn every day or week and what do you spend the time doing on the site?
LinkedIn is always on hand during working hours (refer point 4)
10. Would you say you are a conservative or aggressive networker and why?
Aggressive, but calculated and thought out.
11. What have been your biggest benefits of being on LinkedIn? (quantify if possible)
Jobs-that advanced my career. Deals-that have defined my career. Contacts-that have remained intact and are of incalculable value.
12. Would you recommend whether someone should join LinkedIn with your reasons?
Yes. I would recommend using systematic networking and insist all staff members have a professional profile.
Systematic Networking: 1.) Extend network. 2.) Join groups. 3.) Extend network in groups. 4.) Set up meetings. 5.) This all equates to free marketing.
13. What kind of advice can you give new LinkedIn members that are professionals and entrepreneurs?
Point 12 applies here as well.
14. In your opinion how LinkedIn is different from other networks and what value does it offer.
It has it’s challenges, but it is different due to it’s impact, specific nature of interaction and direct access to information.
15. What is the best way to get hold of you?
Phone (082 310 0661). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org .